Job Corps’ Bricklayer Masonry program is a Trainee, Pre-Apprentice program offered through the International Masonry Institute (IMI).
Students in Bricklayer are trained in the following subject areas:
- Laying and binding building materials, such as brick and concrete, with mortar or other substances to repair walls, partitions, arches, sewers, and other structures
- Measuring distances from reference points and marking guidelines to lay out work
- Properly constructing corners and arches
- Removing excess mortar with trowels and hand tools
- Finishing joints with jointing tools, for a sealed, uniform appearance
Before entering the program, students must:
- Complete all required activity in the Career Preparation Period, including Career Exploration and Career Success/Workplace Skills.
- Meet basic academic requirements in math and reading.
As a Job Corps student, you will have the opportunity to earn credentials in your training area that may lead to greater employment opportunities, higher wages, and promotions.
Bricklayer Numbers to Know
National average earning potential for this career
Completion times vary by training area. Check with your admissions advisor.
While on the job, you will be expected to display the following traits at all times:
Attention to detail
Steady hands and fingers